Audio Memos is a voice recorder for the iPhone and iPad. The intuitive interface is easy to use, yet it has many advanced features such as volume boost and normalizing, editing of recordings, and more. It has many features exclusive to this free program which makes it one of the most advanced recorder programs and a major upgrade from the recorder that is included with the iPhone and iPad.
This is an ad-supported version of Audio Memos. You get most of the full version's features with no limits on recording length, unlike other free products.
Your recordings are stored on your device but can be backed up to your computer using your web browser (or by email).
Here are some of the more useful features:
- Send recordings by email (up to 3MB in free version).
- Use bookmarks to navigate easily in a recording (in the pro version).
- Voice and timer-activated recording (in the pro version).
- High quality recordings up to 44100 Hz with three levels of quality available.
- Professionally engineered audio-normalizing filter, giving you a constant average volume on all of your recordings. This feature does not modify your recordings, so you can turn it on even if you intend to post-process your audio files on a computer.
- Records even when your device is in sleep mode and pauses automatically in the event of an incoming phone call.
- Advanced listing of your recordings, which displays file name, date, length, and size information. A detailed view is also available for each recording. This view gives you extra information such as recording quality and download status.